DKT Kenya/Uganda is a rapidly growing social enterprise company aimed at increasing access to contraceptives in Kenya and Uganda. DKT Kenya/Uganda is affiliated with DKT International, one of the largest private providers of family planning in the world, with a presence in over 40 countries. DKT Kenya/Uganda conducts sales and marketing of pharmaceutical and medical devices across Kenya and with a small presence in Uganda, including a wide range of condoms, pills, IUDs and other contraceptive and maternal health products.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing the company’s procurement and logistics/supply chain functions. The Operations Manager will play a critical role in establishing and managing procurement procedures, ensuring timely supply of imported products, managing the company’s third-party logistics partner, and continuously looking for ways to make the business more efficient. The Operations Manager reports directly to the Country Director. DKT Kenya seeks highly experienced, motivated and independent candidates who are eager to work in a growing and innovative company.
- Overall, manage the company’s procurement, logistics and supply chain functions.
- Establish and implement the company’s procurement policy; manage day-to-day procurement functions from receiving purchase requests, gathering quotations, developing purchase orders, and receiving goods.
- Oversee logistics and timely procurement and receipt of imported commodities ensuring no stock outs and proper costing and import procedures.
- Coordinate and manage the 3rd party logistics company (warehousing) to ensure timely and proper flow of incoming and outgoing stock is maintained.
- Oversee procurement and logistics SAP Business One entries, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of information.
- Maintain accurate supply forecasts for imported commodities, coordinating with sales to ensure proper forecasting and order timing.
- Maintain accurate supplier list and supplier information.
- Review supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; maintain relationships with key company suppliers and vendors.
- Maintain accurate and verified inventory and documentation.
- Identify ways to improve operational efficiency and cost control across the business; contribute to overall business strategies.
- Ensure strong checks and balances exist in the company’s procurement practices.
- Maintain effective tracking files and databases on procurement activities to ensure timely processing of requests and receipt of goods and services.
- Develop and maintain strong internal communication across departments to ensure understanding of procurement and logistics processes across the company.
- Effectively manage Logistics and Procurement Coordinator(s).
- Ensure 100% integrity of procurement procedures.
Experience and Education:
- Business, Finance or similar business-related Degree; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in Operations (procurement and logistics) with at least five years in similar management capacity
- Experience managing procurement and logistics for a sales company strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing supply chain logistics for imported products.
- Strong command of SAP and demonstrated experience using SAP ERP systems (preference for SAP B1)
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing procurement policies and procedures (from purchase requisition to receipt of goods/services)
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing supply chain logistics and making significant improvements to business functioning.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work across the organization.
- Strong communication and coordination skills
- Highly ethical approach to business
- Ability and willingness to take on additional tasks and to find ways to work through challenging situations.
Kindly also indicate details of your availability, current and expected salary, names & addresses of 3 business referees, current and previous employers, roles and responsibilities handled to date, together with your day and cell contacts.
Original Certificates and copies of the same will be required for those selected for interview.